Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Late Report

こんばんはみなさん!As I feel like comments made on my previous posts should be responded to, I shall do so before I get into what I intend to post about.
For a while I've wanted to try watching these Korean dramas I've heard so much about, that is to say I've heard they're extremely popular and riveting, but I have no idea how to go about watching them...
For those among us who have not seen a Kurosawa film it is imperative that you do so, perhaps more even than Minkailu's mandate for Battle Royale, although that is my humble opinion, ha ha.
(PS, I've got it on Netflix comign to me this week, if anyone wants to watch it with me let me know!) Anyway as a recommendation, although Seven Samurai is my favorite I think that is a particularly long one and a better introductory film would be Rashomon (らしょもん)。It was very well received in the west, as I recall reading.
My favorite manga probably changes on a monthly basis. Right now I'm most enjoying School Rumble which is slightly dated I suppose...I'm also trying to catch up with Naruto. Ironically I've started watching the School Rumble anime, which I enjoy to no end. I'll see if I can post the picture of my favorite character! On a side note it's difficult for me to get into the Naruto anime, takes so much more time to watch the same amount of content than to read it, plus all those filler episodes...
Now let's see if I can do this!
わたしはすいようびともくようびときんようびははたらきます。I work in Lehman Library, in the Building of International Affairs. あしたくじからじうにじまではたらきます。もくようびときんようびさんじからろくじまではたらきます。
I think that's right, let me know.
And Yan-san, you seem so proficient already!
わたしわはきにょうびとどようびとにちようびやすみます。If that isn't at all right, let me know.
Ah...already I've written so much. Japanese continues to be so much fun and so much work, today's lesson on も was particularly baffling...all I can do is review review I think. I'm also kind of eager to start learning Kanji, and to my understanding it becomes easier if you learn about things called radicals, so I'm thinking I'll look for a good instructional book on it sometime soon. On a side note, last Friday I went to Japanese Chat Club! I had a jolly good time and made new friends, if you did not go, do try it in the future! It seems really awkward at first but if you stick with a couple of buddies and just go at it you'll be having too much fun to feel embarrassed about how much better the Japanese speakers speak English than you do Japanese, ha ha.
And with that I close,
じゃまたらいしゅ!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like so many students are interested in かんじ. Please reply my post so that you can discuss about it with other students who are also interested in かんじ. 

Yan said...

わたしはすいようびともくようびときんようび は はたらきます。

私は水曜日と木曜日と金曜日 に はたらきます。

I am not sure here should be "ni" or no particle.

Minkailu said...

i have to say i dont really like naruto all that much, it frustrates me for some reason.

kanji looks fun (and it is), but get ready cause its hard. everytime i try to write a word in kanji i feel like im drawing a picture. i might go to chat club this week as well so let me know if your gonna go.

アリス said...

I'm thinking about going to Chat Club this week, too. Did you feel like it was helpful?

I noticed one small mistake--you forgot the little "yu" character after "ji" in "juuniji."

じゅうにじ

But your にほんご is looking pretty good!